Smaller Parish Council websites
Smaller councils transparency code.
Under the Transparency Code, from April 2015 smaller authorities, including town and parish councils with a turnover of less than £25,000 are required to publish the following information online:
- all items of expenditure above £100
- end of year accounts
- annual governance statement
- internal audit report
- list of councillor or member responsibilities
- the details of public land and building assets
- Minutes, agendas and meeting papers of formal meetings.
Having built and run the Chagford Parish Council website since 2000 and developed several other Parish Council websites, we have put together a couple of packages to comply with the above requirements.
Custom designed site to reflect your branding.
- Home page with news, quick links to view the latest minutes or agendas and navigation buttons to other pages. Plus next meeting dates.
- Parish Council page with an introduction to the parish council
- Councillors page with details of members (with photo if desired). Plus register of interests
- Minutes and Agendas page with links to download past and present documents and a list of forthcoming meetings
- Assets page with list of downloadable documents
- Finance page with links to documents
- Links page for links to other sites such as District Council, County Council
- Information page for useful information
- Contact page with map and email enquiry form
We can arrange a domain name if you don't already have one and set up dedicated email addresses for the clerk, chairman and other councillors if required.
The purchase of the domain name is included in the package cost but any renewal costs (after year 1) will be charged separately (see current domain name charges)
Hosting charges for the first year from set up are included in the package cost. Subsequent years will be charged at £60.00 + vat. This includes email support.
Package cost £500.00 + vat
All of the above plus:
- Planning page with details of planning applications in the parish, map location, Parish Council decision and Planning Authority decision
- Image Gallery with photographs from around the parish
- Events page with list of forthcoming events in the parish.
- Directory with list of businesses / services in the parish
Package cost £750.00 + vat
From an administration point of view, keeping the site up to date couldn't be easier. Our point an click editor allows you to easily update any text on the page.
All documents such as minutes agendas and financial information can be emailed to the site. Yes, just send the latest minutes as an attachment to a specific email address and the minutes will automatically be added to the website!